Embedding Audio into your WordPress.com Blog
WordPress.com is a wonderful service. It allows you to upload images and documents for use in your blog. Embedding audio is non existent for WordPress.com users you upgrade to a premium account. For many k-12 educators this may present an issue in the school systems. One alternative is to sign up for an account on Podbean to host your entire blog or just your media files (audio and videos).
Podbean is built off of a WordPress framework. It offers its users blogging tools aimed at podcasters. It makes it easy to embed audio files into each page and post. Since the backbone of Podbean.com is similar to WordPress.com, there is a short code to embed the audio player directly into your WordPress.com blog. Below are the steps for embedding audio into your WordPress.com blog.
- Create an account at Podbean.com.
- Enter your dashboard to manage your new blog. (this can be done by adding “/admin” at the end of your url.
- Once you have logged in, you can upload your media files to Podbean.com using the Upload link. This will place you in the “Media Manager”.
- Click the upload button.
- Click browse to upload a file from your computer.
- Click the Upload button to begin uploading your file. You will see a progress bar telling you how much of the file has been processed.
- After your file is uploaded, find it in the Current Media files section and click on it.
- A pop-up box will appear with the url to your audio file. Copy this link.
- Now you can login to your WordPress.com blog if you arent already.
- In a page or post type in the text editor.
Now you have successfully embedded an audio file into your WordPress.com blog. You can now type other content around the player.
Example: The Bald Man and the Fly